Saturday, April 4, 2020

Rushing Waters

Lectio: Therefore let everyone who is godly offer prayer to you at a time when you may be found; surely in the rush of great waters, they shall not reach him. Psalm 32:6

Medtatio: As I sit here, I can almost hear the rushing of waters. I find it amazing that the Psalmist thought that God couldn't hear over the rushing of water. However, the more I think of it, I believe that sometimes it's not that God can't hear us, rather, we can't hear ourselves much less hear God calling to us. There has been many times in my life when I thought I heard God, but then thought "No, that's not God." Only to realize that maybe it was God and I couldn't shout above my own noise. 

Oratio: Father, thank you for hearing the prayers of those who love you. Help me to always be attentive to your voice and to hear above my own noise. 

Contemplatio: Do you remember a time when you thought you heard God? What was it like to hear his voice? Do you remember a time when you realized you had missed the voice of God, what did it feel like for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment