Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Ask, Seek, Knock

Luke tells us that we merely have to ask and it will be given to us, seek and we'll find and knock and it will be opened to us. Lectio Divina allows for us to do all of these things...but it also allows us to hear from God.

When I read Luke 11:1-10, the three words Ask, Seek and Knock all spoke to me.

Lectio:

And he said to them, “Which of you who has a friend will go to him at midnight and say to him, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves, for a friend of mine has arrived on a journey, and I have nothing to set before him’; and he will answer from within, ‘Do not bother me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed. I cannot get up and give you anything’? I tell you, though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his impudence he will rise and give him whatever he needs. And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.
Meditatio:  These three words stood out to me because when we ask the right questions, we are seeking. When we are seeking, there are places we have to knock to get answers; and by knocking, we are again asking. It's a trinity of sorts; we must do all three in order to find what our hearts are longing to find.

Oratio: Father, I humbly bow before your throne tonight asking, seeking, knocking on your door that my prayer will be answered. Show me the right things to seek, and to ask for. Provide the right doors for me to be knocking on that I may get the answers I seek.

Contemplatio: What is God saying to you? What actions is He urging in your life? Rest in the Spirit of God as you continue to listen to what the Father is telling you.

No comments:

Post a Comment