Sunday, March 8, 2020

Are you happy with me, Lord?

Lectio: Mark 1:11 And a voice came from heaven, “You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.” 

Meditatio: We are beloved Children of God; but I often wonder is God pleased with me? I think back over the song by The Talley Trio that says "I'm happy with you, Lord, I hope you are happy with me!" But how often do we really think about what it would mean to please the Lord? I don't think one person reading this blog can say they don't have a history; it may not be a bad history, you may never have suffered from depression, maybe you've never been tempted by anything; but you probably have something in your past that you aren't proud of. I know I do. And when I think back on those things, I often think "okay God? Are you happy with me?" I think when we do our best to over come our past God is happy with us. 

Oratio: Father, I humbly yet boldy come to your throne to ask what you would have me do in order to be pleasing to you; please show me how to know that you are happy with me. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Contemplatio: Where do you see God at work in your life? How are you responding to his working? Do you think your response is pleasing to God? 

No comments:

Post a Comment