Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Stepping out in Humility

Lectio: James 4:6 But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”

Meditatio: This weekend, I have spent time with a friend from Kenya. During our time I have thought several times about how I nearly messed up my trip to Kenya and nearly lost the respect of my team. However, what I didn't expect was to be brought to my knees in humility and being able to write a letter to one of the young women who served on the mission team. In the letter, I accepted responsibility for my behavior and apologized for what I had done wrong--getting angry and one of my team members getting the brunt of my frustration. I will mail the letter in a couple of days; I want to make sure it is perfect and that it will be accepted for what it is, a humble letter asking for forgiveness. 

Oratio: Father, I stand before you, broken, yet beautiful because I belong to you. I ask that you give me the words to say to the person I have hurt and allow them to understand that I am truly sorry for my behavior. 

Contemplatio: Are there people you have hurt or harmed? Are you able to apologize to them? If not, what would you say to them? If you could, would you be willing to write a letter and let the know they are loved? 

No comments:

Post a Comment