Friday, March 27, 2020

Be Not Dismayed

Opening Prayer: Speak O' Lord, Your servant hears...

Lectio: 
Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 

Meditatio: Working from home was supposed to be fun. But I have learned that it is harder than anything I have ever done. I already suffer from depression. So much so that I have written several articles about the church and depression.

Today, though, I was working and suddenly I saw a picture of one of the "replacement." When I say replaement, I mean the person who replaced me as a friend for my former friend--or at least who I guess is my replacement. My heart sank. My heart as been heavy most all day. Then as I was studying for this lectio, I felt God pleace in my heart "Be not dismayed." Then I read a prayer from the Parish of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton parish. 
O Good Shepherd, You never cease to seek out the lost, to call home the stray, to comfort the frightened, and to bind up the wounded. We ask You to bring (mention names) back to the practice of the Faith, and to remove all obstacles that prevent them from receiving Your abundant Mercy, which flows sacramentally through the heart of Your Holy Church.  Through the intercession of Mary, the Mother of God, their Guardian Angels, their Patron Saints, and our ever-faithful patroness Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton, may You pardon their sins and unshackle them from whatever hinders their freedom to come home. For you, O Good Shepherd, loved us to the end and offered Yourself to the Father for the salvation of all. Amen
Lent is a time of miracles. It's a time when people find their way home. I don't expect there to be a homecoming for my friend and I; but it's a prayer that God let me find in my time of being disheartened and for that I am grateful.

Oratio: God, Thank you. In your mercy you have brought to mind a verse of scripture meant to comfort your people thousands of years ago, and tonight it brings comfort to me. Help me to continue to be a beacon of light to your people, as I walk in your ways. Amen

Contemplatio: Is there something in your life that causes you to be dismayed? What can you do differently? How should you react to that which is causing you dismay or hurt?

No comments:

Post a Comment