Thursday, March 19, 2020

Love is Not Proud

Opening Prayer: Speak, O Lord, Your servant is listening...

Lectio: 1 Corinthians 13:4d Love is not proud

Meditatio: Being boastful and proud go hand in hand. When you are being boastful it is because you are proud. Pride leads to destruction--it leads to the end of all good things. Your relationship with others suffers, but your relationship with God suffers the worst. Pride screams "Look at me, look what I can do!" instead of placing the focus on the one who created you or helped you.  It is not concerned with others. Humble your proud hearts that you may open the door to a deeper relationship with God through Christ, and share in the showing of God's kingdom here on earth.

Oratio: God, you know I am a mere human, but you know I harbor pride in my heart. Break my heart from what breaks yours, that I may continue to grow vertically to you, and horizontally towards others.

Contemplatio: In what areas of your life do you show great pride?
Are there ways that you can change your foolish pride to become more humble and open to a relationship with God?

No comments:

Post a Comment