Monday, March 9, 2020

The past has passed away

Lectio: Isaiah 43:18-19 The Lord says, “Forget what happened beforeand do not think about the past. Look at the new thing I am going to do. It is already happening. Don’t you see it? I will make a road in the desert and rivers in the dry land.

Meditatio: How often do you think about your past? For me, it's something I relive almost daily. I relive it daily due to the fact that I suffer from depression and possibly PTSD (at least I score high on the PLC-5) and for me the memories of my past haunt me daily. Yet, God tell us to "Forget what happened before!" I love how The Message puts it. “Forget about what’s happened; don’t keep going over old history. We tend to think that it's easy to stop going over the past; but for those that live with mental illness, stopping something isn't easy. Instead it's hard, but the good news is that God is doing something new. 

Oratio: God, you tell us in Isaiah to not worry about our past. You tell us to forget the past just as you have. Instead f forgetting I continually live my past. Help me to stop living my past. Help me see what you are currently doing so that I may be effective for your kingdom. Amen

Contemplatio: How often do you think of your past? Is there anything that is hindering you from your past? How can you over come your past and learn to see what God is doing now? 

No comments:

Post a Comment