Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Think on these things...

The other night I found myself in a chatroom with some people discussing politics and they were hardcore anti-Trump. Now if you know me, you know that I am not a Trump fan, but you will also know I am educated enough to discuss things and discuss them very articulately. In addition, I can also give credit to the President where credit is due. 

This being said, I was reminded of something this week as I studied during my prayer time. 

Lectio: Philippians 4:8 
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
 Meditatio: In this scripture we are told to keep our minds set on things of God. We aren't to think solely on those things that upset us or cause grief to our spirits. But in thinking about these things, it is also understood that we will become these things. We'll become people who are true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, commendable, and excellent. These are all attributes of God.

Oratio: Our Father, we come and bow down before you, humbly we ask that you make us into people who hold these attributes. Give us eyes to see these attributes in other people and that those without these attributes, may we show them to the world.

Contemplatio: What areas of your life does God need to clean up? If He cleans these areas up, will you start seeing yourself as true? Honorable? Just? Lovely? Commendable? Pure? 

No comments:

Post a Comment