Saturday, March 7, 2020

Discipline

Lectio: Hebrews 12:11 For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Psalm 30:5 For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning. 

Meditatio: Just as an earthly father disciplines his children so does God.  And those things that grieve God should grieve us. Yet we often find that it doesn't change us. One of my favorite songs "Hosanna" asks God to break our hearts from what breaks His. 

Oratio: Father, help me to appreciate your discipline, to walk in your ways and to break myself from those things that break your heart. Be with me and love me--that my sadness will last only for a night, but that you will bring joy to me in the morning!

Contemplatio: What is God trying to break your heart from? Have you or are you experiencing God's discipline? How does/did it make you feel? 

No comments:

Post a Comment