Wednesday, March 25, 2020

No Record of Wrongs

Lectio: Love is not rude, is not selfish, and does not get upset with others. Love does not count up wrongs that have been  done. (NCV)

Meditatio: A few years ago my friend started dating a guy. Due to my own jealousy, and not understanding of romantic love, I lost that friend. Prior to that another friend had left our friendship. I was far more hurt by the ending of this friendship. And one friend came to me and said "How can you forgive someone who lied about you, who hurt you far worse than the friend who fell in love?" I told her "I don't know." It's not that I didn't forgive my friend who fell in love, as a matter of fact, i was happy she found someone, I was hurt though when she just up and walked away; and I apologized. Today, I was brought up to my friend who lied about me, and someone said "How can you forgive her?" My answer just rolled off my tongue "Love keeps no record of wrong. If she needed me, I will be there." 

Oratio: God, help me be a person who doesn't keep a record of wrongs. Let your love grow in me. Amen

Contemplative: Do you keep a record of wrongs? How would you feel if someone kept a record of every wrong you have ever done? 

No comments:

Post a Comment