Thursday, March 5, 2020

Greater Love

Lectio: John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.

Meditatio: As I sat in my living room this weekend, I was watching the season/series finale of Doctor Who. In this particular episode The Doctor decides to sacrifice herself for the betterment of the universe. The Doctor tells the companions, that for the love of this Universe that they were die. Needless to say if you have ever been sucked into the universe of Doctor Who, you know that The Doctor is a Time Lord, and travels through space and time to rescue history--without damaging the timeline in the process against other alien races. However, this really got me to thinking about Jesus Christ and how much He loves us. Jesus loved us so much that He laid down his life over 2000 years ago and died. He didn't just die for the people in his immediate following; He died, looking forward thousands of years, and said "For this one I will die. For that one I will die." No matter what we would do, who we would become or what we would end up being like. None of that mattered; He laid down His life without questions. 

Oratio: Father, I come just to say thank you for your sacrifice. Thank you for not looking upon me in the future and choosing not to die for me; instead you looked into the future and knew I'd need savior; thank you for choosing to give your life for mine. 

Contemplatio: Do you ever just take time to thank God for sending His Son? Have you ever thought about Jesus knowing all about you 2000 years ago hanging on a cross?  

No comments:

Post a Comment