Saturday, March 14, 2020

No where to lay His Head

Lectio: Luke 9:58 And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.”

Meditatio: Today I had a friend email me from Kenya. He was telling me that he was the only one of is brothers who had never built a house and that his child had been sent home from school because he couldn't afford the fees for school. I could think about was this verse where Jesus tells followers that he doesn't have a home. I don't know if that means that Jesus himself was homeless or poor, but in this instance it doesn't matter. What it is saying that material wealth doesn't show our savior, it doesn't show that God loves you more or has blessed you more. I have went to churches where people are extremely wealthy and they purchase cars for the pastor, while those in the pews that work 2 jobs can barely tithe are treated differently. In this instance I think that I see Jesus in those who work and love without having to purchase the pastor's acceptance. 

Oratio: God, while I don't have material wealth, I know that doesn't mean that you aren't seen in me. Thank you for loving me, and relating to me as a human.

Contemplatio: Where do you see Jesus? Do you see Him in material wealth or in the simplistic life of a friend who can't afford much? 

*this is the only post where I will say that if you want to provide support to my friends in Kenya with helping their child get schooling they need, you can donate at https://www.paypal.me/rachelanders

No comments:

Post a Comment